How to import your electronic bank file and match it to transactions in Enterpryze, available for UOB BIB/BIB+, UOB QIF, OCBC or DBS.
Import Bank Statement
You will be able to perform a reconciliation on bank accounts where you have the electronic bank file for importing. This is for Bank accounts that do not have live bank feed enabled.
Click on Banking – Accounts
1. Click on Reconcile for the Bank account.
2. Select the Bank Account to reconcile.
3. On the Bank Transactions side click on Import Statement
4. Choose from the drop down the File format you require. Available formats are UOB BIB/BIB+, UOB QIF, OCBC or DBS.
5. Then select your import file or drag & drop it into this box so the transactions will then appear under the Bank Transactions.
You can now reconcile your imported Bank Transactions with Enterpryze Transactions as outlined below.
Now start the reconciliation, there are 2 options for selecting your transactions:
1. Auto Matching
When you click on this option at the top of the screen it will find amounts that match on both sides for you and automatically select them.
2. Match Selected
You can manually select the transactions to match by ticking the box beside each one on the left and right side of the screen. You can also use the Search field to enter in descriptions, references or amounts to find them for manually matching up. Then click on Match Selected to confirm they match.
If you want to see what you have matched so far simply change the list to show Matched Transactions as per below example. Then to continue matching more transactions change this back to Unreconciled Transactions or to ALL depending on the volume of transactions that you have.
The following values will change as you start selecting transactions to be reconciled, Bank Transactions and Enterpryze transactions.
The Difference amount is generated by subtracting the Bank Transactions from the Enterpryze transactions that you select for reconciling. Generally, if all transactions match this difference will be zero, where it is not Zero it may be down to a missing transaction such as Bank Charges or payment which you can add on this screen.
Select this option if you want to post your difference to the Bank charges account. The Bank charges account is defined in Settings – Finance & Banking - Payment
To add in a missing transaction into Enterpryze:
· Click on the add + button located beside the Bank Transaction on the left side of your screen and you can then choose to create a Payment or a Journal Entry.
3. Once you are happy with the matched transactions, added any missing transactions, resolved any difference you can now decide on the following:
Save for later – choosing this allows you to save the reconciliation as a draft to return to it later
Finish now – this will finalise the reconciliation and will post it for you
Cancel – this will cancel the matched transactions; you can also do this by unticking each one manually. You can match them again at another time.
What's next: Review your Bank ReconciliationDid this answer your question?