This describes the steps to add a Purchase Invoice for service only goods. Follow the steps to add your header details.
How to Add a Purchase Invoice
An Invoice is a legally required document. You can create an invoice as standalone or you can copy your Purchase Order to an Invoice to complete the purchase process.
1. To create a standalone Invoice, click on Purchasing > Invoices > Create new Purchase Invoice
- Select your Supplier account, you can also add a new customer from here if it does not already exist.
- Select the Contact from your Supplier for this purchase.
- Select the Bill to address, these will show the defaults that you have already defined when setting up your supplier account details.
- Select the Deliver to address - this is your Organisation address
- Enter a Reference Number
- Enter a Journal Remark which will appear on your Financial Postings.
- The Buyer defaults to the logged in user but this can be changed.
- The Posting Date defaults to today’s date but can be changed.
- The Due Date is the date the Invoice will be due for Payment. This is calculated based on the Payment Terms you have linked to your Supplier.
- The Document Date defaults to today’s date.
- The Currency will default to the Supplier's currency that you have already setup in Companies.
- The Currency Rate will show the rate you have defined in Settings for Banking, this can be changed.
What's next: Take a look at adding lines to your Purchase Invoice in step 2Did this answer your question?