Follow these steps to extract the Bill of Material Importer power App to your PC.
The Power App is provided in a zip file. It does not require ‘installation’, simply unzip to any location on your local PC and launch by double clicking on the “BOMImporter.exe”.
Depending on your PC configuration on first use you may be prompted to download and install the required Microsoft .NET runtime, a link to the Microsoft site is provided if this step is required.
Ensure you download and install the version of .NET runtime appropriate to your PC. It is recommended you only download and install this from the Microsoft site, do not use 3rd party sites.
2.1 Power App Settings
The settings screen can be launched by using the settings button on the main screen.
The following settings must be made in the Power App before importing BOM files.
- First Row
- Enter the row number at which data starts. If you have no header row this will be 1. If you have a single header row, this will be 2.
By using the Template for this App it already contains a header row so your first row number will be 2.
- Default Warehouse
- If the file contents do not include a warehouse, the warehouse specified here will be used when creating/updating the Bill of Material details.
- Select the Company you wish to configure/use
- Enter the information for each field.
- Click on Save.
- Repeat for any other companies you wish to use.
What's next: MTD User Guide to extract the Vat details