Adding a payment to a Supplier, selecting the invoice to pay, choose how you want to pay.
When adding a payment to a Supplier you will be able to select the invoices to pay or to pay on account. You will be able to choose how to pay by Cash, Cheque, Bank Transfer or split the payment
The payment defaults to Supplier, however you can also process an outgoing Payment for a Customer when sending a refund or as a Journal entry.
To add an Outgoing Payment to a Supplier:
1. Click on Banking – Outgoing Payments
2. Click on Create a new Outgoing Payment
3. Select the Company, Contact person and Bill to address of the Supplier
4. Remarks: you can enter a comment about this payment
5. Reference: this is the Suppliers reference for this payment
6. Journal Remarks: you can enter a comment that will appear on the Journal related to this payment when it is posted to the Finance module
7. Posting Date & Document Date will default to today’s date but can be changed
8. Currency will default to the Supplier currency
9. Exchange rate will default to today’s rate you have in Settings however this can be changed.
10. Note for Singapore localisation:
There are 4 additional fields at the top of the screen relevant to Singapore organisations only, please fill in as required for your IRAS return on imported goods/services applicable to tax (GST).
11. Payment Amount: Now enter the amount you are paying your Supplier
12. Unallocated: You will now see the Unallocated amount has also increased by this amount automatically. This field will decrease once you started selecting which Invoices to Pay and will revert to Zero once the Payment Amount is the same as the Allocated amount.
13. Allocated: this will change value also when selecting the Invoices to Pay. This is the value of Invoices that you have selected to Pay to match with the Payment Amount.
14. Payment on account: unticked by default - by ticking this option you will not be selecting any specific Invoices to be paid. You enter the Payment Amount as in step 11 then tick this box and you can allocate the payment next time you have invoices to Pay.
Tip: If you don’t have enough or any invoices to allocate to the Payment Amount, Enterpryze will give you an option on adding the payment to post the balance of the payment as a Payment on account.
15. Now select the Invoices to be Paid
16. Simply tick the box at the end of the row to Allocate the balance on that Invoice to be paid.
17. The Allocated Amount field on the row will now be updated with the balance of that Invoice. If the balance of the invoice is greater than the Payment for your Supplier, you can click into this field and reduce the amount to be paid for that invoice.
18. Now select your Payment Method
19. For Bank Transfer, Cash or Cheque will you need to click on OK to accept that payment method. For example, on the Bank Transfer option below it automatically defaults the Payment Amount, the GL account for your Bank transfer which you setup in Settings and today’s date, all of these can be changed as required. Click on OK to accept the Payment method.
20. Split Payment: this allows you to split the payment across all 3 methods, Bank Transfer, Cash or Cheque.
21. Check that the Unallocated Amount is now ZERO as per below example
22. Now you ready to Save your payment at the top of the screen.
Tip: See next article on further Actions you can take with your Payment, including how to cancel a payment!Did this answer your question?