You can add other payments such as Bank charges as a Journal Payment to appear on your Bank Reconciliation.You can add other payments such as Bank charges as a Journal Payment to appear on your Bank Reconciliation.
A journal payment is simply a payment made between GL accounts, one GL account is taken from the Payment method you choose Cash, Bank Transfer etc and the next one you get to specify when adding a row to the payment. A journal payment can contain more than line.
An example of a journal payment is Bank Charges. Journal Payments will appear on your Bank Reconciliation.
You can access the Journal Payment option in both Outgoing and Incoming Payments screen. Simply change the option at the top of the screen to Journal Payment as per below.
· The Company details will grey out once this payment option is selected.
· Add in remarks, references, dates as with any other payment
To add a row to your journal payment:
1. Click on the + sign to add a row
2. GL account – select the GL account that the journal payment relates to, an example could be Bank Charges
3. Remarks – enter in a remark for this row
4. Vat Code – select vat code if it is applicable to the journal
5. Net amount – enter in the net amount
6. Save each row
Now select your Payment method from the below options. The GL accounts for each Payment method is taken from the defaults that you added in Finance & Banking Settings.
Once the Unallocated amount is zero you will be able to Save your Journal Payment at the top of the screen.
Actions available after adding a Journal Payment, same as with other Payment options including Cancel Document.Did this answer your question?